2011년 6월 9일 목요일

the power of deal-of-the-day websites

i have recently found a new hobby & that is surfing all the deal-of-the-day websites for the juciest and best deals! Such sites have been in existence since 2008, but it was only recently that they started gaining in popularity.

There are currently 4 of such sites that I know of operating in Korea.

1: Groupon

2: Ticketmonster

3: Coupang

4: WeMakePrice

It seems that all the sites operate pretty much the same way, with nothing much to differentiate them from the rest. The only thing that would make them stand out would be the 'deals' that they can offer the consumer. I mean, no one would really care which site they are purchasing from as long as they can get the 'best' or rather, their desired deal. I suppose that if the site is able to partner with 'good businesses' (and i use this term rather loosely), it'll help bring in more revenue.

Another thing about these sites that annoy me is the layout. I think that they should categorise the deals in a more orderly fashion, instead of just placing them in the side bar.

That being said and done, I have already made 4 purchases off 2 sites yesterday.

#1: KFC Twister meal for 2,650원 (50% off)


#2: 1 Mth gym membership for 30,000원 (80% off)


#3: Entry to the N Seoul Tower for two at 9,900원 (45% off)


#4: Trick Eye Gallery for 6,500원 (50% off)


as you can see, i have been getting a little too 'click happy'. but then again, only the 1st 2 deals are for myself. the other 2 were purchased for my friends who are currently visiting korea. :)

well, its only 8 more hrs till the next deals appear! can't wait to see what they have in store for me.. ;)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기