2008년 7월 11일 금요일

studies....

well. the 3rd week of sch has already ended! 벌써 3주를 지났어요! i guess i'm pretty happy with my progress so far. i must admit that my korean wasn't fantastic when i first came. although its still nowhere near the top, i'm pretty satisfied with what i've managed to achieve so far. the way korean's taught in KHU is somewhat similar to SKS. so i'm glad that i took I1 at SKS before coming over cause it kinda helped to prepare me for the lessons here at KHU.

my h/w for the first 2 weeks or so had plenty of red marks on it. n my form teacher even said that my '조사는 큰 문제가 있어요!'. which means that i've a huge problem with my particles. i got this from min ssn back in SG too. also, we write essays using the '요' form back in SG. whereas in korea, we are supposed to write essays using the 'ㄴ/는 다' form. as i wasn't taught this form, i was totally unprepared for it. my 1st essay was written totally in the '요' form. n my teacher decided to read out all the essays! i suspected that something was wrong when everybody's essay was read out & i heard the 'ㄴ/는 다' form instead of the '요' form. it was glaringly obvious that something was wrong. but i thank God for nice classmates & teachers who were willing to help me & guide me. :) my teacher said that my h/w has improved in class a few days back & i was quite happy with it. :) at least i see an improvement. :)

also, i feel that my 말아기 is rather inadequate as compared to the rest of my classmates. i guess its cause they've been in korea for quite sometime already. my teacher would ask us for the meaning of a certain word in korean & i would only be able to say it in either eng/chi while some of my classmates are able to explain it in korean. so i guess that's 1 pt that i've to brush up on. but, my 말아기 has definitely improved as compared to when i was in SG. :)

i'm glad that i'll be staying on for the fall sem. that's the best semester to study cause its all cool & nice. :) i've found more ppl who are staying in korea during sept. so they can play with me! :D i'll be doing research for prof kang at the same time, so i'll be able to earn $$ too. hehe. :P looking forward to it!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기